CfP Deadline Date:
March 15, 2019
January 3-5, 2019
San Diego, CA
American Finance Association (AFA)
The AFA Annual Meeting paper submission process will be hosted by Conference Maker. (The paper submission mechanics for AFA conferences are entirely separate from the Journal of Finance paper submission process).
Please include the name and email for each author on the paper that is submitted.
All papers must be accompanied by an abstract of at least 200 words, but no more than 600 words.
All papers must be submitted as PDF files.
Complete papers will be given preference, but extended abstracts of several pages may also be submitted.
Submitted papers should not have been accepted for publication.
The author submitting the paper to the Annual Meeting must be a member of the American Finance Association for the paper to be considered.
Each individual may only submit one paper (although they can be a co-author on other submitted papers).
You can check that your paper was uploaded correctly by clicking on the “My Submissions” link in the navigation bar within Conference Maker.
To enable wider participation, please submit only one paper and do not submit the same paper to other associations that meet at the same time as the AFA/ASSA.
Ph.D. Student Poster Session Submissions
The AFA will again host a Ph.D. Student Poster Session as part of the 2020 Annual Meeting to be held in San Diego, California. The submission website will open in mid-June and the submission deadline will be July 31, 2019. Please watch your email and this webpage for additional details.
Submissions for the Ph.D. Student Poster Session will be collected after decisions are made for papers submitted to the regular program. You may submit your paper to the regular program. If it is not accepted for the regular program, you may submit it for the Ph.D. Student Poster Session.
- Any Ph.D. student may submit one paper (poster) to be considered for the AFA Ph.D. Student Poster Session.
- Submissions should include your poster title and abstract as well as a draft of your poster or paper on which the poster would be based.
- The student/submitter must be a member of the AFA (student online memberships are available free here. Note: Student memberships can take up to 24 hours to become active. If you plan to register as a student member of the AFA, please be sure to register at least one business day prior to submission of your poster/paper.
- Poster submissions are invited on all topics in finance and may describe research projects, results of work in progress, presentation of data, or recently completed work. Guidelines for materials and layout of poster presentations will be available after presentations have been accepted.
- The posters will be displayed in a public area of the AFA hotel and authors will be asked to be present at their posters for specific times during the conference.
Link CfP and Conference:
The AFA 2020 Annual Meeting