CfP Deadline Date:
July 31, 2019
January 3-5, 2020
San Diego, California
The American Finance Association
- Any Ph.D. student may submit one paper (poster) to be considered for the AFA Ph.D. Student Poster Session.
- Poster submissions are invited on all topics in finance and may describe research projects, results of work in progress, presentation of data, or recently completed work.
- The student/submitter must be a member of the AFA (student online memberships are available free here. Note: Student memberships can take up to 24 hours to become active. If you plan to register as a student member of the AFA, please be sure to register at least one business day prior to submission of your poster/paper.
AFA Ph.D. Student Travel Grant Nominations
This year the Association will again award Travel Grants to doctoral students to help defray the costs of attending our 2020 Annual Meeting. Students DO NOT need to have a paper or poster on the program to receive a Travel Grant Award.
- Any current AFA member in the U.S. or abroad is invited to nominate one Ph.D. student, whom he or she has taught or supervised, to be considered for this award. Students from schools with multiple applicants may receive reduced award amounts. Nominations can be submitted here and the deadline is July 31, 2019.
- The nominated student must be a member of the Association (student online memberships are available free here), must be beyond the first year in her or his doctoral studies in finance, financial economics, or a related field, and must not be on the job market during the academic year in which the grant is made. No student may participate in this grant program more than once.
The students to receive travel grants will be selected and informed by August 31, 2019. Awards will be determined based on recommendations and the award amount will factor travel cost to the Annual Meeting from the student’s institution as well as the number of nominations from each school.