CfP Deadline Date:
July 5, 2019
September 19-21, 2019
Rodos Palace Hotel, Rhodes, Greece
The CEPR Network on Household Finance, Copenhagen Business School, EDHEC Business School, and the Swedish House of Finance, with the support of the Think Forward Initiative (TFI)
The objective is to present state-of-the-art empirical and theoretical research on household financial behaviour and on how it is influenced by other choices, government policies, and the overall economic environment. The two-day research conference is preceded by a CEPR-TFI event on “Big Tech and Fin Tech”, organised by Amit Seru (Stanford and CEPR) and Andreas Fuster (Swiss Central Bank and CEPR), at 18:00 on 19 September. The conference will include a dinner talk by Gikas Hardouvelis (University of Pireaus and CEPR and CEPR), former minister of finance, and poster presentations by diaNEOsis on the current stand of the Greek crisis.
The organisers particularly encourage submissions from PhD students in household finance planning to go on the job market in Winter 2020. Students must apply online stating that they are a PhD student and supply their CV. Top submissions, written exclusively by students, will be included in the regular workshop programme and in the candidates for the best student paper prize, awarded by the CEPR Network on Household Finance and sponsored by TFI. A number of past awardees and contestants have moved on to assistant professor positions in top academic institutions globally.
TOPICS: We solicit papers in the following areas, but other related areas may also be considered:
– Asset allocation and debt behaviour over the life cycle
– Financing retirement and the demographic transition
– Consumer indebtedness, financial distress, and default decisions
– Behavioural approaches to household finance
– Financial literacy and financial education programs
– Trust, subjective expectations, pessimism, and financial decisions
– International comparisons of household finances using micro-data
– Financial advice and investors’ and borrowers’ protection
– Financial innovation and household finances
– Households liquidity and risk management
The submission fee for each paper is 50 Euro and proceeds will contribute to covering conference costs. The submission fee is waived for PhD students only.
Link CfP: Link Conference: CEPR European Conference on Household Finance 2019