CfP Deadline Date:
April 30, 2021
October 18-19, 2021
Banco de España and CEMFI
Banco de España in cooperation with CEMFI organizes a series of biennial conferences to promote the research and discussion of topics related to macroprudential policy and financial stability among academics, practitioners, and policy-makers. The plan is to hold the third conference at the Banco de España’s headquarters in Madrid on 18-19October2021. In case the Covid-19 pandemic does not permit it, the conference will take place online.As in previous occasions,there will be a keynote speech and a panel discussion. Pablo Hernández de Cos, Governor of the Banco de España, will open the conference.
The Scientific Committee invites submissions of theoretical and empirical papers related to financial stability issues. Papers with a focus on the analytical frameworks and tools for macro-prudential policy are especially welcome. Specific examples of relevant topics include:
- Macroeconomic models of linkages between real and financial sectors.
- Monetary policy, macroprudential policy, and financial stability.
- Interactions between micro-and macro-prudential tools.
- Competition in the financial sector and financial stability.
- Fintech, Bigtech, and financial stability.
- Macroprudential policies for the non-bank financial sector.
- New perspectives on stress testing.
- Effects of economic support policies implemented during the Covid-19 crisis.
- Macroprudential lessons from the Covid-19crisis, including buffer usability.
- Financial stability implications of Central Bank Digital Currencies.
- Climate change and financial stability.
Authors will be invited to publish their contributions in the Financial Stability Review of the Banco de España, but this will not be a requirement.Complete manuscripts should be sent in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.The deadline for submissions is 30April 2021.Authors of accepted papers will be notified by 31May2021. Travel and accommodation expenses of academic speakers will be reimbursed.
Link CfP & Conference:
Banco de España Third Conference on Financial Stability