CfP Deadline Date:
February 28, 2021
August 9-10, 2021
Seoul, Republic of Korea
Bank of Korea
The International Journal of Central Banking (IJCB) is organizing its 2021 annual conference, “The Macroeconomic Consequences of COVID-19.”The conference will take place on August 9-10, 2021 at the Bank of Korea, Seoul, Republic of Korea. The program committee comprises Boragan Aruoba, Pierpaolo Benigno, Òscar Jordà, Sharon Kozicki, Keith Kuester and Luc Laeven.The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting lockdowns have created a deep global recession, massive government interventions, and forced a change in the social and economic behaviour of economic agents. This raises many questions about the path to economic recovery and the long-lasting impact of the crisis on the economy. This conference will bring together leading economists from central banks, academia, and other research institutions to discuss new results and policy lessons pertaining to the macroeconomic consequences of COVID-19. Papers that do not speak directly to the COVID-19 crisis but that speak to severe recessions more generally will also be considered.We seek both empirical and theoretical policy-relevant papers. Areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- Demand and supply effects from the crisis and their impact on the economy
- Asymmetric recovery from the crisis across sectors and countries
- Structural changes in terms of consumer behaviour and economic activity
- The implications of social distancing and e-commerce for economic performance
- The evolution of public debt and fiscal-monetary interactions
- Impact on the financial system and macro-financial linkages•Central bank interventions
- The interaction between epidemiological and economic factors
- Coordination failures and preparedness for future pandemics across countries
Six to eight papers will be selected for presentation from among those submitted in response to this announcement. There is no obligation th at a paper submitted to the conference also be submitted to the IJCB. But if at the time of submission to the conference, the authors indicate they would like their paper to also be considered for publication in the IJCB, papers accepted for the conference will receive an expedited review process at the journal. Papers considered for publication in the IJCB cannot be under review at another journal.
- Complete manuscripts (not abstracts) in PDF format should be submitted using our online submission website at: http://editorialexpress.com/conference/IJCB2021.
- Submitted papers must be received by February 28, 2021.
- Authors must indicate (in the comment field when submitting online) whether they would like their paper to be considered for submission to the IJCB in addition to the conference. Authors submitting a paper to the conference and to the IJCB must confirm in the comment field that their submitted paper is not under review at another journal.The author(s) of each accepted paper will be notified by April 15, 2021. For academic presenters and discussants without access to their own funding, some funds will be available to cover reasonable travel and hotel expenses. If you have any questions, please contact Ana Maria Borlescu at Ana_Maria.Borlescu@ecb.europa.eu.