CfP Deadline Date:
February 28, 2022
June 15-16, 2022
- James Bullard (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, President)
- Jennifer La’O (Columbia University)
Barcelona School of Economics, Pierre Werner Chair (RSCAS, EUI), European Stability Mechanism and Central Bank of Ireland.
The Barcelona School of Economics (BSE) organizes the ninth BSE Summer Forum. The Summer Forum is a series of independent workshops that cover the main fields of Economics. The Summer Forum 2022 will take place from June 7 to June 21, 2022. The venue will be Casa Convalescència (Sant Antoni Mª Claret, 171) in central Barcelona.
The Workshop on A Dynamic Economic and Monetary Union will run for 2 days and will take place on June 15-16, 2022, in Barcelona and is sponsored by the Pierre Werner Chair of the European University Institute (EUI), the European Stability Mechanism (ESM) and the Central Bank of Ireland.
The workshop covers new theoretical and applied research on financial, fiscal and monetary policies (and institutions) that can strengthen the euro area, as well as other economies, as to make them more resilient to financial, economic and social crises.
Specific objectives include, but are not restricted to:
- fiscal and monetary policies after the COVID-19 crisis
- the value of the legacy sovereign debt and its sustainability
- rules and institutional mechanisms for economic stability with challenges ahead (ageing, climate shocks, etc.)
- policies and institutional mechanisms for social protection with challenges ahead (ageing, climate shocks, etc.)
- the inequality legacy and fiscal and monetary policies in heterogeneous societies and unions
- current fiscal & monetary mix policies and structural (growth-enhancing) reforms
- the international monetary system and financial stability in a low-interest environment
The deadline for submissions is February 28, 2022. To submit a paper, please use this link. Submissions should include either a full paper or an extended abstract with the main results. Authors chosen to present papers will be notified approximately by the end of March. A preliminary program will be announced by the end of April.
Please note that the BSE Summer Forum is a series of independent workshops. When you submit your paper, you will be able to see the topics and dates of other workshops that will take place within the Summer Forum. The same paper cannot be submitted to more than one workshop, but you are welcome to submit a different paper to another workshop.
There is no registration fee, and meals during the workshop will be provided for participants.
Participants should cover their travel and accommodation expenses, but if needed the workshop
organization will help to cover them under standard academic conditions.
More detailed information on the Summer Forum 2022 and the previous editions is available on
Link CfP & Conference: 6th Edition: Workshop on A Dynamic Economic and Monetary Union