CfP Deadline Date:
February 2, 2022
August 24-27, 2022
Laura Veldkamp (Columbia Business School)
European Finance Association (EFA) and IESE Business School
EFA 2022 is organized by IESE Business School in Barcelona and it is scheduled on August 24–27, 2022. We very much hope to be able to have an in person conference this year. We are monitoring the situation and choose the format of the event accordingly. Do not hesitate to submit your work! We will post updates on the conference format at: efa2022.efa-meetings.org
EFA 2022 will offer four special sessions organized with institutional partners:
- Banco de España on Corporate creditworthiness after the pandemic
- Bank for International Settlements on Financial stability implications of non-bank financial intermediaries (NBFIs).
- European Central Bank on Central Bank Digital Currency.
- Norges Bank Investment Management on Understanding the long-run drivers of asset prices.
The papers for these special sessions are chosen from the pool of papers submitted to the conference and undergo the same reviewing process. More information on the special sessions is available here.
The EFA Annual Meeting hosts two one-day events for doctoral students on August 24, 2022. Submission for these events run separately and the application period is from February 15 to March 15, 2022.
Submit papers electronically via the EFA website: efa2022.efa-meetings.org/submission. For the paper to be considered, the submitting author must be a member of the European Finance Association in 2022.
Once submitted, you can update your paper up to the submission deadline. Papers will be reviewed by members of the Program Committee. Authors will be notified about the outcome of the reviewing process by the end of April 2022.
- The submission deadline is February 2, 2022 at 9am CET (February 1, 2022 at midnight Standard Pacific Time).
- All papers must be submitted as PDF files. You do not need to remove author names from the uploaded paper.
- The author submitting the paper must be a member of the European Finance Association in 2022 for the paper to be considered.
- Each individual may only submit one paper (although they can be a co-author on other submitted papers).
- Papers that have recently been presented or scheduled at other major conferences are allowed. The submitted paper must not be accepted (or conditionally accepted) at a journal.
- Dual submission to the Annual Meeting and Doctoral Tutorial is allowed. Note the separate deadlines.
- Submitting your paper ahead of the deadline is appreciated, to avoid a rush just before deadline during which technical issues are most likely.
- Accepted papers should be ready for circulation when the program is published; papers requiring clearance for public circulation should begin to arrange for clearance prior to May 2022.
Link Conference: 49th EFA Annual Meeting