CfP Deadline Date:
June 28, 2021
December 2-3, 2021
Arlington, VA, USA
FDIC and the Journal of Financial Services Research
The FDIC’s Center for Financial Research and the Journal of Financial Services Research (JFSR) invite submissions for the 20th Annual Bank Research Conference to be held in Arlington, Virginia on December 2-3, 2021. Due to the threat posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the event will only be held physically if it can be done safely. The event may be held virtually or as a hybrid to accommodate participation, as necessary.
TOPICS: The program committee invites theoretical and empirical papers on issues related to the performance and regulation of the financial sector, including the following:
– Deposit insurance
– Banking and the COVID-19 pandemic
– Governance and compensation practices in the financial sector
– Bank scale and scope economies, industry competition, and market structure
– Systemic risk and financial system stability
– Financial sector performance
– Finance and the real economy
– Risk measurement and management
– Capital and liquidity requirements
– Emerging issues in finance (e.g., cybersecurity, artificial intelligence)
– Fintech and trends in financial products, services, and technology
– Interaction between regulation and the cost and availability of credit
– Finance and climate change
Papers will be selected for presentation based on reviews by a group of FDIC economists and the Organizing Committee, with final selections made by a committee consisting of associate editors of JFSR and external reviewers.
Selected papers may be invited for submission to the JFSR for a special conference issue.
Expenses for travel, food, and lodging will be reimbursed for paper presenters. Papers must be received by June 28, 2021. Authors will be notified about the status of their papers in September 2021.
To submit a paper, please click here: https://fdicsurveys.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6XTAbgUeqjvvnzo
FURTHER INFORMATION: For additional information, please contact Jonathan Pogach at FDICJFSRConference@fdic.gov.
Link CfP & Conference: 20th Annual Bank Research Conference