CfP Deadline Date:
June 24, 2022
October 26-27, 2022
European Banking Authority
The 11th edition of the European Banking Authority’s Policy Research Workshop (https://www.eba.europa.eu/about-us/eba-research-workshops) will seek to explore the impact of technological innovation and climate finance on the banking regulation.
The event will cover measures that policy makers could take to reap further benefits from innovation and climate finance while ensuring the proper assessment of micro-prudential risks and preserving the financial stability.
The challenges to banking regulation from technological innovation and climate finance raise several important research questions. How will banks adapt to the digital and green transition environment? How to better balance the costs and benefits of technological innovation in finance? How to adapt financial regulation and supervision to the challenges from technological innovation and climate finance? How can policymakers best safeguard financial stability in this context?
– models, level of competition and consolidation in the banking sector, as well as financial stability implications
– Innovations in financial products, payment systems (including digital currencies, stablecoins and cryptocurrencies), credit markets as well as the use of big-data and advanced analytics, artificial intelligence and machine-learning assessing and managing banking exposures
– Financing and hedging climate change, measuring and managing climate policy risk and the pricing of bank loans, green bonds and other climate finance instruments, advances in climate risk stress testing as well as the prevention of greenwashing
– Use of supervisory and prudential regulatory framework in climate finance facilitating the transition to a sustainable economy and mitigating risks stemming from climate change
– Consistency of the regulatory landscape, regulatory arbitrage, RegTech, SupTech and financial authorities’ use of technology in the monitoring of COVID-19 consequences, credit risk, evolution of non-performing loans and insolvencies in the context of technological innovation
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: The organisers are inviting submissions of policy-oriented, preferably empirical, research papers. Researchers from supervisory authorities and central banks are especially encouraged to submit papers for presentation.
Interested parties should submit their draft papers and any queries to email@example.com at the European Banking Authority.
The submission deadline is Friday, 24 June 2022.
Contributors will be notified by early September 2022.
FURTHER INFORMATION: For updates on the workshop, please visit the event page: https://www.eba.europa.eu/calendar/11th-annual-research-workshop-technological-innovation-climate-finance-and-banking
Link CfP & Conference: 11th EBA Policy Research Workshop: Technological Innovation, Climate Finance and Banking Regulation