CfP Deadline Date:
April 29, 2022
August 25-26, 2022
Bank for International Settlements (BIS)
Location and schedule
The Conference will be held at the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), Centralbahnplatz 2, Basel, Switzerland starting at 09:00 on 25 August (Thursday) and closing latest at 17:00 on 26 August 2022 (Friday). The Conference is divided into several plenary and breakout sessions. Individual sessions will last approximately 1.5 hours. Lunch will be served on each day of the Conference. Dinner reception will be hosted by the BIS on Thursday evening. Special dietary requirements should be indicated on the online registration form. The Conference and related communications will be conducted in English.
Conference registration and access to venue
Registrations for the conference will be made through the BIS online web registration system. The email used to invite Committee members to the conference provides a link to the online registration facility. This will work only for Committee members with an eBIS account, so other interested participants should contact the IFC Secretariat directly. The BIS will assist participants with the booking of hotel accommodation upon request. Local registration will take place between 08:15 and 09:00 on 25 August 2022. All participants are required to provide photo identification at the main BIS entrance.
Please note that the Secretariat will NOT distribute hardcopy of papers or presentations. All conference materials will be posted on the eBIS secure website (https://www.ebis.org).
Participants who do not have access to eBIS are invited to contact the IFC Secretariat.
Before the Conference
- Authors must send an abstract of their paper (100 words) using the form to respond to the call for contributions by 29 April 2022. The full version of their papers (max 5,000 words, using the BIS template circulated by the IFC Secretariat) plus a short CV should be sent to the IFC.Secretariat@bis.org by 29 July 2022. However, papers submitted for the Young Statistician Award must be submitted by 30 June 2022 so as to be considered by the Selection Committee. Note that papers could subsequently be revised closer to the date of the conference.
- In order to allow sufficient time for discussion, presentations of papers should last no
more than 10 minutes. A strict maximum of 8 slides will be allowed for presentations,
which must reach the Secretariat by 10 August 2022.
After the Conference
- Contributors will be asked after the conference whether the initial draft of their papers can be released on the IFC public website. Authors will have an opportunity to submit a revised version until 31 October 2022.
- Contributions will subsequently be included in a specific IFC Bulletin. To this end, authors will have to submit their papers formatted with the BIS template.
Please contact the IFC.Secretariat@bis.org should you require any further information.
Summary of Deadlines
By 29 April 2022:
• Authors: Call for Contributions form and abstracts (100 words) of papers
By 30 June 2022:
• Participants: Conference registration form
• Authors: Paper for Young Statistician Award
By 29 July 2022:
• Authors: Paper (5,000 words) and short CV
By 10 August 2022:
• Authors: Presentations (max. 8 slides)
By 31 October 2022:
• Authors: Final paper version for IFC Bulletin