CfP Deadline Date:
March 31th, 2020
September 24th-25th, 2020
Bank for International Settlements, Bank of England, CEPR
The conference aims to stimulate debate and research on the implications of financial innovation for the macroeconomy, the regulatory framework, competition and the conduct of monetary policy. The workshop will bring together leading academics, central bankers and bank supervisors. The topics discussed will include, but are not limited to:
- How does financial innovation affect the conduct and the implementation of monetary policy?
- What are the implications of financial innovation for the business/financial cycle and the monetary transmission mechanisms?
- What are the effects of financial innovation on business models, competition and the structure of banking?
- What are the effects of regtech, suptech and govtech applications?
- How should big techs and fintech companies be regulated?
- What are the possible implications of digital currencies for the nature of financial intermediation, monetary policy transmission and financial stability?