CfP Deadline Date:
July 31, 2023
December 15, 2023
Bank for International Settlements (BIS)
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) will host the fifth workshop on the use of BIS
international banking and financial statistics. 1 The workshop will be held in-person at the BIS
headquarters in Basel.
The workshop will bring together central bankers, analysts and academics interested in research
on global financial stability. It will focus on empirical work related to international banking and
financial markets, with special emphasis on analyses that make use of the international banking,
derivatives and debt securities statistics (links to data below) compiled by the BIS under the
auspices of the Committee on the Global Financial System. 2 The workshop is intended to
promote the use of these statistics in the academic and policymaking communities.
Submissions of any papers making use of BIS statistics are especially welcome. Particular topics
of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
• The pandemic and associated policy responses: international spillovers and effectiveness
• Debt burdens and channels for contagion across countries
• Effects of global frictions in international finance – regulatory fragmentation, geopolitical
tensions, technological and climate-related changes
• Sentiment and fundamental drivers of global liquidity and capital flows
• Currency choice in international financial flows
• Implications of the growing role of non-bank financial institutions (NBFIs) as intermediaries
Researchers should submit their draft papers and any related queries to email@example.com.
The deadline for submissions is 31 July 2023. Authors of accepted papers will be notified in late
September 2023. Further details about the workshop programme and logistics will be made
available on the conference website at https://www.bis.org/events/cgfs_ibfsws5.htm.