October 18, 2023
December 19, 2023
European Central Bank
Bank of Canada
Jesse Schreger (Columbia Business School)
This workshop aims at providing a forum for discussing innovative research on analytical and policy issues relating to foreign exchange (FX) markets, financial intermediation and macrofinancial stability.
Economists working in central banks, academia or the private sector are welcome to participate and submit a paper. We welcome submissions of either theoretical or empirical nature. Relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
- the drivers of exchange rates and related asset prices from a financial perspective (including the role of intermediaries)
- exchange rates and the transmission of monetary policy
- exchange rate pass-through and the role of dominant currency pricing
- FX interventions
- exchange rates and macrofinancial stability frameworks
- FX risk premia and their drivers
- global linkages between capital flows, foreign exchange rates and risk appetite
- the international use of currencies and its implications for exchange rates
- digital currencies and their implications for the global monetary and financial system
Interested authors should submit their paper to the workshop by email no later than October 18, 2023.
Papers can be sent in a draft or extended abstract version, although final or nearly final versions are preferred given the small number of papers we will be able to accept. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by mid-November.