CfP Deadline Date:
August 15, 2022
November 9-10, 2022
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, and the Journal of International Economics
The Research Department of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and the Journal of International Economics invite submissions for a research conference on “Sovereign Debt”. The conference will take place at the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis on November 9-10, 2022. Papers presented at the conference will undergo a standard peer review process and, if accepted, will be included in a special volume of the Journal of International Economics.
Ten years have passed since the Eurozone debt crisis. The crisis has raised many questions on the implications of sovereign risk for monetary and fiscal policy and for the design of financial regulation. Meanwhile, following the pandemic, government debt has risen to unprecedented levels around the world. In this context, we welcome papers addressing topics including, but not limited to:
- Role of the monetary factors in the Eurozone crisis
- Optimal design of fiscal rules and automatic stabilizers
- Maturity structure of government debt
- International reserves
- Interlinkages between sovereign and banking crises
- Low interest rates and implications for fiscal sustainability
- Consequences of inequality for debt crises
- Political economy aspects of debt crises
The conference organizers welcome submissions of both empirical and theoretical research, and encourage submissions by scholars who are early in their careers and who are from groups that are underrepresented in the economics profession.
Submission Process, Rules, and Timeline:
- Please send an electronic version of the paper (or extended abstract) in PDF format to email@example.com. There is no charge for submissions. The deadline for submissions is August 15, 2022.
- A submitted paper must not be under review at another journal or at the JIE, nor can it be considered for submission if previously rejected by the JIE. Likewise, while under consideration by the conference or for the JIE special volume, a paper may not be submitted to another journal (or the JIE) until the author has been notified.
- Submissions will be reviewed by the conference program committee. Paper selection will be finalized, and authors notified by August 30, 2022.
Link CfP & Conference: Research Conference on “Sovereign Debt”