CfP Deadline Date:
June 30, 2021
November 23-25, 2021
Mexico City, Mexico
- Markus Brunnermeier (Princeton University)
- Jing Yang (Bank of Canada)
Banco de México, CEMLA, Bank of Canada, University of Zürich and the Journal of Financial Stability
Banco de México, CEMLA, the Bank of Canada and the University of Zürich together with the Journal of Financial Stability continue with the series of biennial conferences presenting novel research on financial stability.[…]
The conference aims to bring together policymakers and academics, as well as industry representatives, to examine structural changes in the financial system precipitated by the 2020 COVID pandemic, to assess progress in designing a safer financial system, to study intended and unintended consequences of regulation on the global financial system, and to explore recent methodological advances in measuring and controlling risk in the interconnected financial system.
Conference topics relate to environmental risk assessment to the financial system, to macroprudential policy design and implementation, and to the application of network models and stress testing for financial stability. These include (but are not limited to):
- Analysis of complex interactions between epidemiological or climate change related shocks and risks and vulnerabilities in the financial system;
- Network models for systemic risk measurement and monitoring;
- Macroprudential policy design and evaluation, including unintended consequences of regulation in the banking system and regulatory spillovers;
- Stress testing: methodological developments, especially related to the incorporation of climate shocks, to the interaction between solvency and liquidity risk, and to feedback effects with the real economy;
- Interaction between monetary and financial stability policies;
- Early warning systems: detection of a build-up of systemic risk, data gaps, design of vulnerability indicators, interactions between global and domestic financial cycles;
- Systemic liquidity, funding and market risk for banking systems.
We encourage submission of papers that report original work and that do not have a “revise-resubmit”, or “accepted” journal decision. Submissions may be part of a working paper series. The papers should be emailed to the following address: email@example.com with the following subject line “Submission – Financial stability conference.”
The authors will be informed of the final acceptance to the conference by July 31, 2021. The sponsors will cover accommodation for invited participants.
Special issue of the Journal of Financial Stability
A special issue of the Journal of Financial Stability (JFS) will include selected papers presented at this conference. Authors whose papers are accepted for presentation at the conference are encouraged, but not bound, to submit their papers for consideration at the JFS special issue. Papers submitted for the special issue will be reviewed according to the normal JFS standards. Details regarding the journal submission process will be provided after the conference.
The conference will be held in Mexico City, or – if the pandemic does not allow – will be organized digitally. More details about the conference can be found at:
Link CfP & Conference: Fourth Conference on Financial Stability