CfP Deadline Date:
October 21, 2020
November 30 – December 1, 2020
Manju Puri (Fuqua School of Business, Duke University)
Financial Intermediation Network of European Studies (FINEST)
FINEST workshops are small meetings with in-depth discussions from top scholars of a limited number of high-quality papers with the aim of facilitate dialogue and interaction among academics, policy-makers, and practitioners about the evolving challenges facing banks.
The 2020 autumn workshop will take place over the course of two half days (afternoon CET/ morning EST). We expect to accept for presentation a limited number of full papers as well as research proposals in the “early ideas” session. The conference is organized jointly with the Essex Finance Centre at Essex Business School (United Kingdom).
We invite submission of papers in all areas related to financial intermediation, including bank risk-taking, regulation, supervision, financial stability, resolution mechanisms, ownership and governance issues, market structure and competition, and FinTech.
The discussion is the key part of the workshop: presenters have 20 minutes; discussants have 15 minutes and the audience questions/comment is 10 minutes. For the 2020 Autumn workshop edition, we are honored to have an outstanding panel of discussants:
- Laura Blattner, Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford University, U.S.
- Nicola Cetorelli, Federal Reserve of New York, U.S.
- Douglas Cumming, Florida Atlantic University U.S.
- Leonardo Gambacorta, Bank of International Settlements, Switzerland
- Angela Maddaloni, European Central Bank, Germany
- Nadya Malenko, Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, U.S.
- José-Luis Peydró, Imperial College London, U.K. Universitat Pompeu Fabra Spain
- Enrico Sette, Banca d’Italia, Italy
- Anjan Thakor, Olin Business School, Washington University in St. Louis, U.S.
Link Conference: 2020 FINEST Autumn Workshop