CfP Deadline Date:
April 30, 2023
June 26, 2023
Long-Term Investors@UniTo Initiative
Directorate General for Economics, Statistics and Research of the Bank of Italy
Andrea Vedolin (Boston University, NBER & CEPR)
The workshop will bring together researchers and professionals working on long-term investors trends, both theoretical and applied, to discuss research papers and agendas. It aims at fostering interactions between economists and professionals. Contributions from young researchers and professionals are particularly welcome. All accepted papers will be discussed by an expert in the field.
The organizers encourage submissions of papers on any topic within the overall theme of the conference and in the following areas in particular:
- green finance, climate risks and their integration in the investment and risk management practices of long-term investors;
- de-carbonization and the role of long-term investors in fostering the green transition;
- long-term investors’ strategies and behavior in times of crisis, rising inflation and exit from highly expansionary monetary policy measures;
- portfolio allocation of insurance companies, pension funds, mutual funds;
- credit provision by banks, financial market turmoils and the role of monetary policy;
- non-bank finance, private equity, alternative investments;
- the impact of macro uncertainty on the insurance sector and on the development of non-life and reinsurance products for the corporate and retail segments;
- shock transmission channels from the real economy to financial institutions’ portfolios and amplification mechanisms of shocks through credit chains;
- big-data and artificial intelligence to assess and manage exposures to risk factors;
- emerging asset allocation and risk management trends for long-term investors;
- digitalization and its effects on the banking sector and on other long-term investors;
- developments in the financial markets and opportunities for financial institutions.
Submission & Selection:
Both theoretical and applied papers will be considered. Only papers not yet accepted for publication should be submitted. The submission deadline is April 30th, 2023. Interested authors are invited to send an abstract or (preferably) the paper in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will be acknowledged by e-mail to the submitting author.
Acceptance will be notified by May 10th, 2023 at the latest.
Link CfP & Conference: