CfP Deadline Date:
November 18, 2021
May 5-6, 2022
Washington, DC, USA
- Kathleen Weiss Hanley (Lehigh University)
- Amy Edwards (SEC), Vlad Ivanov (SEC)
- Russ Wermers (University of Maryland)
- Paul Andrews (CFA Institute).
The SEC’s Division of Economic and Risk Analysis (DERA), Lehigh University’s Center for Financial Services (CFS), the University of Maryland’s Center for Financial Policy (CFP), and CFA Institute will jointly host the CFMR 2022 in the afternoon on Thursday, May 5 and all day on Friday, May 6, 2022 at the SEC Headquarters in Washington, DC.
The goal of the conference is to bring together participants for an exchange of views on topics of relevance to the Commission.
TOPICS: Two papers will be selected in each of four broad topic areas: corporate finance, market microstructure, financial intermediation, and asset management. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
– Corporate Finance: corporate disclosures, initial public offerings, seasoned equity offerings, corporate mergers and acquisitions, fintech, corporate governance and voting, corporate and municipal debt offerings, and disclosures related to asset-backed securities.
– Market Microstructure: the structure, transparency, fairness, efficiency, and liquidity of secondary market trading in the equity, ETP, bond, option, security-based swap, and securities lending markets.
– Financial Intermediaries: broker-dealers, financial institutions, analysts affiliated with broker-dealers or financial institutions, clearing agencies, central counterparties, credit ratings, and Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organizations (NRSROs).
– Asset Management: investment advisers, ETPs and liquidity, investment companies, hedge funds, and other institutional investors, and custody.
The selection committee will focus on high quality paper submissions whose topics directly relate to the mission of the SEC.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: The deadline for paper submissions is November 18, 2021 with a submission fee of $40. Papers can be submitted online through ConfTool (https://www.conftool.org/cfmr2022/).
Authors of accepted papers will be notified by the beginning of February. Travel reimbursement will be offered to presenters of accepted papers.
Link CfP & Conference: 9th Annual Conference on Financial Market Regulation (CFMR 2022)