CfP Deadline Date:
May 14, 2021
September 9-10, 2021
- Oriana Bandiera (London School of Economics and CEPR)
- Stephane Bonhomme (University of Chicago)
- Emi Nakamura (University of California Berkeley)
- Gianluca Violante (Princeton University and CEPR)
Bank of Italy and CEPR
The 4th Bank of Italy-CEPR Labour workshop will take place in Rome (or online depending on the health situation closer to the time of the workshop) on the 9-10 September 2021.
The aim of the workshop is to bring together leading and emerging labour economists.
Micro level analyses that give insights on advanced economies growth and resilience are especially welcome.
In particular, we are most interested in submissions on:
- Labour demand and supply: Structural and cyclical determinants
- Matching efficiency and long term unemployment
- Wage dynamics: the role of slack, monopsony, market concentration
- Internal labour markets, rent sharing, incentive policies
- The effects of institutions on labour market dynamics and inequality
In order to foster the desired interaction, participants are required to stay for the entire duration of the conference. The programme will start on Thursday morning (9th) and end on Friday afternoon (10th).
We hope that the workshop will take place physically, in the headquarter of the Bank of Italy in Rome. However, due to the uncertainty of the COVID-19 situation and possible travel restrictions, the workshop may become a hybrid or a completely virtual workshop. If the workshop takes place physically, financial support to all speakers for economy class air travel (in accordance with the new 2021 CEPR guidelines) and accommodation will be provided.
How to apply
If you are a CEPR member or have a profile on the CEPR portal, please submit your paper by visiting here. If you do not currently have a CEPR profile, please create a new profile here and then click on the registration link above. Please include the paper you wish to submit or indicate if you would like to participate without presenting a paper.
The application deadline is 18:00 GMT on Friday, 14 May 2021
Decisions of acceptance or rejection by the programme committee will be announced by the end of June.
Link CfP: 4th Bank of Italy CEPR Labour Workshop