CfP Deadline Date:
February 28, 2023
June 08-09, 2023
- Olli Rehn (Governor, Bank of Finland)
- Stephen Cecchetti (Professor Brandeis University, ESRB)
- Michael Platzer (Co-Founder & Chief Strategist, Mostly AI)
- Alex Jung ( Assistant Professor, Aalto University & Principal AI Scientist, Silo AI)
RiskLab at Arcada, Bank of Finland, and European Systemic Risk Board
The fast development of AI methods and data centricity in finance will pose new challenges and opportunities in our economic climate. Policy challenges in a weakening economic environment need to be investigated – the coverage and optimality of the policies as well as searching ways of building up a new sustainable future.
This conference on systemic risk analytics brings together most recent advances on computational tools for systemic risk identification and assessment as well as analysing future opportunities and threats of Big Data and AI.
The scope of models and techniques includes systemic risk and early-warning indicators, network and contagion analysis, macro stress-testing, optimal timing of macro-prudential policies as well as measures of coinciding systemic stress and systemically important financial institutions.
The aim of the conference is to also adopt methods and techniques from other disciplines, such as computer science, engineering, biology and physics, that use computer-intensive approaches, novel data sources, visual representations or interactive interfaces, among others.
The themes of the conference cover policy and practitioner-oriented research related to systemic risk measurement.
We solicit contributions covering a broad range of techniques related to systemic risk analytics, particularly related to (but not limited to) the following themes:
- Using systemic risk analytics to support macro-prudential policy and regulation
- Analysing emerging risks from interconnectedness of the financial system
- Use of big data and artificial intelligence for systemic risk analytics
- Identifying risks from market-based finance
- Risks and opportunities stemming from disruptive innovations in financial technology (FinTech)
- Optimal timing of Macro-prudential countermeasures
- Economic policies and the climate change
- Economic policies in the turbulent and uncertain times
The conference will be held as a hybrid conference, so virtual participation is also possible. The conference will take place on 8-9 June 2023 at Bank of Finland in Helsinki. The conference includes keynotes, presentations and poster sessions. The conference is accompanied with a social event for speakers on 8 June, taking place at the Bank of Finland Villa.
Academic papers to be considered for presentation at the conference and workshop should be submitted via online form by 28 February 2023: https://www.lyyti.fi/reg/sra2023cfp. Accepted paper presenters will be notified in due course, as well as the format of the presentations; there will be both oral and poster presentations in the conference.
Link CfP&Conference: 2023 RiskLab/BoF/ESRB Conference on Systemic Risk Analytics