CfP Deadline Date:
May 1st, 2020
November 10th, 2020
Geneva, Switzerland Online Conference
Rajna Gibson Brandon (University of Geneva, Swiss Finance Institute & GFRI)
Philipp Krueger (University of Geneva, Swiss Finance Institute & GFRI)
Shema F. Mitali (University of Geneva, GFRI)
We invite submissions of unpublished research papers for the 5th Geneva Summit on sustainable Finance. The overall theme for the 5th edition is: Is Stakeholders’ Value Maximization The New Way Forward? In particular, we welcome submissions addressing the following issues:
– Moving towards a sustainable financial system: effectiveness of market versus regulatory pressure
– What is the role of central banks in promoting sustainable development or more generally a sustainable financial system?
– Investors’ preferences for Impact/ESG/SRI and its implications for their portfolios’ risks and returns
– The role of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in shaping investment strategies
– Sustainable investment styles: divestment versus engagement approaches
– The growth of Impact investing
– Sustainable finance and product innovations
– Theoretical models of sustainable and responsible investment
– Are corporate responsible activities priced efficiently by investors?
– Environmental, social and economic concerns: how can they be equally considered?
– Standardization, disclosure, and measurement problems related to sustainable, responsible, and impact investments
– The implications of climate risk for financial market participants
– The relationship between climate policy and the real economy
– Central banks and climate risk
– The “neglected S” in ESG: how can we care more about social concerns?
– Environmental and social concerns: are they substitutes or complements?
– Sustainable finance and wealth inequality
– Scaling blended and development finance
– The role of corporate governance in a stakeholder value creation paradigm
– Stakeholders value maximization: who benefits and who loses?
Authors of accepted papers will receive travel grants to present their research in Geneva.
FURTHER INFORMATION: For further information, please contact Philipp Krueger or Shema F. Mitali: email@example.com; Tel: +41-(0)22-379-84-72.