CfP Deadline Date:
November 15, 2022
March 1, 2023
New York, NY, US
Columbia University and the Bank Policy Institute
Columbia University/Bank Policy Institute
2023 Research Conference on Bank Regulation
“Bank Regulation and the Business Cycle”
The Bank Policy Institute and Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs invite the submission of papers for our annual conference on Bank Regulation and Supervision. At present, an in-person conference is planned. The purpose of the conference is to bring together academics, market participants, and policymakers to discuss the latest research on the design and impacts of regulation.
TOPICS: In light of current recession risks, this year’s conference will focus on procyclicality or countercyclicality of bank regulatory policy and supervision. We invite papers that explore all aspects of these topics including but not limited to:
• The pro- or countercyclicality of core bank safety and soundness regulation.
• Design, impact and usability/releasability of countercyclical capital policies such as CCyB and other capital buffers.
• Interaction of the allowance for credit losses with bank capital requirements.
• Stress test design over the business cycle.
• Cyclical impact of liquidity regulation, including usability or releasability of liquidity buffers.
• Interaction of capita/liquidity regulation and central bank balance sheet policy.
• Interaction of market and bank regulations with financial institutions’ risk management.
We welcome theoretical, empirical and policy-oriented papers.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: The deadline to submit a detailed abstract or completed paper is November 15, 2022. Please send your submissions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authors of accepted papers will be notified by January 1, 2023.
Information about previous Columbia/BPI Research Conferences can be found here.
Additional InformationPaper submission deadline: November 15, 2022Accepted papers will be notified by January 1, 2023
Conference date: March 1, 2023
Link CfP & Conference: 6th Annual Columbia/BPI Bank Regulation Research Conference