CfP Deadline Date:
February 12, 2023
May 05, 2023
Washington DC, USA
Office of Financial Research (OFR) Review of Corporate Finance Studies (RCFS)
The Office of Financial Research (OFR) and the Review of Corporate Finance Studies (RCFS) invite high-quality theoretical and empirical paper submissions from young scholars on the future of financial stability in the context of new challenges arising from developments in fintech and shadow banking, as well as its implications for financial inclusion.
Consistent with the Conference’s objectives centred on rising scholars, all authors of submitted papers must have received their recent Ph.D. within the last 6 years.
Possible issues of interest include (but are not limited to):
• connections between banks and shadow banks
• propagation of contagion from shadow banks to the banking system during stressful market conditions,
• risk-taking in the shadow banking and fintech sectors,
• emergence of Big Tech in finance, increased market concentration and financial stability implications,
• fintech, financial inclusion and financial stability,
• role of regulation and transparency,
• financial stability and implications for financial inclusion.
The conference aims to bring together rising scholars from finance and economics to discuss these issues from various points of view. Each paper will be assigned to a discussant. The symposium begins with a dinner on Thursday evening, May 4.
Authors are invited to electronically submit papers in PDF format (including abstract, authors’ affiliations and contact information) to OFRRisingScholars@ofr.treasury.gov by Sunday February 12, 2023. Please indicate whether you choose to have your paper considered for the dual submission option at the Review of Corporate Finance Studies.
Travel expenses (economy class) will be refunded. Accommodation will be paid for up to two nights.
Link CfP&Conference: OFR Rising Scholars Conference