CfP Deadline Date:
March 30th, 2020
July 10th-11th, 2020
Essex Business School, Colchester, United Kingdom
Essex Finance Centre (EFiC)
The Essex Finance Centre (EFiC) at Essex Business School is organising the fifth edition of the EFiC Conference in Banking and Corporate Finance that will take place on 10-11 July 2020. The objective is to bring together leading academics, practitioners and policy-makers and give them the opportunity to present state-of-the-art research in the broad areas of banking and corporate finance. Accepted papers in the Conference can be considered for a solicitation to the Journal of Financial Services Research (JFSR).
The topics discussed will include, but are not limited to:
· Banking and financial services
· Behavioral finance
· Big data applied to banking and finance
· Corporate finance
· Corporate governance
· Diversity and women in finance
· Financial crisis and resolution
· Fintech and financial innovation
· Green finance
· International finance
· Monetary policy and central banking
· Political economy of central banking
· Portfolio and risk management
· Rethinking of financial regulation and supervision
· SMEs financing
Publication opportunity with the Journal of Financial Services Research. The rules for the solicitation process in the JFSR are as follows:
1. Author(s) must expressly indicate interest in consideration by the JFSR in their submission email. The paper must not be under review at another journal or the JFSR, nor can they be considered if previously rejected by the JFSR.
2. A committee composed of the Local Conference Committee and the JFSR Editor Steven Ongena will invite papers among the accepted papers after the conference presentations for possible publication in the JFSR. Submission fees will be waived for these invited conference papers. Papers of the author(s) accepting this invitation will undergo a normal review process that maintains the JFSR’s high-quality publication standards.
3. If an invited paper is subsequently rejected, its author(s) have the option to submit a future version of their paper to the JFSR without prejudice.
4. While under consideration by the Conference and the JFRS, a paper may not be submitted to another journal (or the JFSR) until the author(s) has been notified of the outcome.
Keynote Speaker: Steven Ongena.
To submit a paper:
Interested authors should submit their paper by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 30th March 2020 using the following format for the file name: EFiC_SubmittingAuthor_PaperTitle.pdf. Authors will be notified of the decision by Monday 4th May 2020. Early submissions are highly encouraged.
For registration fees see the link.
Link Conference: EFiC Conference 2020