CfP Deadline Date:
November 2, 2020
February 5, 12, 19 and 26, 2021
Columbia University and Bank Policy Institute
The Bank Policy Institute and Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs invite the submission of papers for our annual conference on Bank Regulation and Supervision. While we would welcome the opportunity to have our usual in-person gathering, we expect that this year’s conference will be held virtually on the mornings (EST) of Feb 5, 12, 19 and 26 2021. The purpose of the conference is to bring together academics, market participants, and policymakers to discuss the latest research on the design and impacts of bank regulation.
TOPICS: This year’s conference will focus on lesson’s learned from the Covid-19 crisis for regulation and supervision. We invite papers that explore all aspects of regulation including, but not limited to:
- Efficacy of the preexisting regulatory structure in establishing and maintaining a robust financial system and supporting credit to the nonfinancial sector
- Impact of banking and other financial regulations on market and funding liquidity
- Impact of temporary crisis-related changes to financial regulation, including comparisons of regulatory changes across jurisdictions
- Use of macroprudential tools and other countercyclical adjustments to preserve or deploy capital and liquidity
- Interaction of regulatory changes with other crisis-related policy programs
- Ability and willingness of financial institutions to use capital and liquidity buffers
- Implications for financial architecture and regulatory structure.
The deadline to submit a detailed abstract or completed paper is November 2, 2020. Please send your submissions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authors of accepted papers will be notified by December 15, 2020.