29 February 2024, 2024
European Central Bank (ECB)
International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Journal of Banking and Finance
On 17 and 18 October 2023, the European Central Bank (ECB) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) organised the fifth macroprudential policy and research conference at the ECB. As a follow up to the conference and to further explore the main themes addressed, the Journal of Banking and Finance is preparing a special issue on the topic of macroprudential policy and research.
More specifically, we welcome theoretical and empirical contributions on the following topics:
- Operationalizing objectives for macroprudential policy, including through rules and metrics of the policy stance,
- effectiveness of macroprudential policy in enhancing financial system resilience, countering procyclicality and shaping incentives,
- experience with the macroprudential toolkit at global or regional levels, including on the use of capital- and/or borrower-based macroprudential instruments and their interaction,
- lessons for macroprudential policy from the pandemic, for example on the topics of capital buffer usability or the macroprudential policy space,
- challenges for macroprudential policy in an environment of elevated inflation and macroeconomic volatility, also including interactions with monetary policy,
- the role of macroprudential policy for non-banks and in the interactions between banks and non-banks
The Journal of Banking & Finance’s submission system will be open for submissions to our Special Issue from 01/01/2024. Please submit your manuscript before 29/02/2024. Each submission must be accompanied by a submission fee. For more information on the submission process please refer to the Journal of Banking & Finance website.