CfP Deadline Date:
March 31, 2021
July 1-2, 2021
- Ron Dembo (Founder and CEO, Riskthinking.ai)
- Paul Hiebert (Head of Systemic Risk Division, ECB)
- Olli Rehn (Governor, Bank of Finland)
- European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB)
- Bank of Finland (BoF)
Even after a decade of stabile economic environment we are ever more concerned about consistent financial instability. Also the fast development of AI methods in Finance will pose new challenges and opportunities in our economic climate. This conference on systemic risk analytics brings together most recent advances on computational tools for systemic risk identification and assessment as well as future opportunities and threats of Big Data and AI. Also the link between climate threats and economic policies need to be investigated. The scope of models and techniques includes systemic risk and early-warning indicators, network and contagion analysis, macro stress-testing,optimial timing of macro-prudential counter-measures as well as measures of coinciding systemic stress and systemically important financial institutions. The aim of the conference is to also adopt methods and techniques from other disciplines, such as computer science, engineering, biology and physics, that use computer-intensive approaches, novel data sources, visual representations or interactive interfaces, among others.
The themes of the conference cover policy and practitioner-oriented research related to systemic risk measurement. We solicit contributions covering a broad range of techniques related to systemic risk analytics, particularly related to (but not limited to) the following themes:
- Using systemic risk analytics to support macroprudential policy and regulation
- Analysing emerging risks from interconnectedness of the financial system
- Use of big data and artificial intelligence for systemic risk analytics
- Identifying risks from market-based finance
- Risks and opportunities stemming from disruptive innovations in financial technology (FinTech)
- Optimal timing of Macro-prudential counter-measures
- Economic policies and the climate change
Programme and Venue
The conference will take place on 1-2 July 2021 and it is held as a hybrid event. The conference includes both keynotes and presentations. Further information will be publish closer to the event.
Academic papers to be considered for presentation at the conference should be submitted via online form by 31 March: https://www.lyyti.in/SRA2021cfp. Accepted paper presenters will be notified in due course, as well as the format of the presentations; there will be both oral and poster presentations in the conference.
We welcome academics and experts of the conference topics to participate in the conference. Participation requires pre-registration. Registration will open later in the spring. More information: email@example.com
Link CfP & Conference:
2021 RiskLab/BoF/ESRB Conference on Systemic Risk Analytics