CfP Deadline Date:
May 1, 2019
September 13-14, 2019
FDIC’s Center for Financial Research, Journal of Financial Services Research (JFSR)
The FDIC’s Center for Financial Research and the JFSR invite submissions for the 19th Annual Bank Research Conference to be held in Arlington, Virginia on Friday, September 13, and Saturday, September 14, 2019.
The program committee invites theoretical and empirical papers on issues related to the performance and regulation of the financial sector including, but not limited to, the following:
- Deposit insurance
- Risk measurement
- Governance and compensation practices in the financial sector
- Regulatory capital and liquidity requirements
- Trends in financial products, services, and technology
- Trends in industry competition, market structure, and bank scope economies
- Systemic risk and financial system resilience
- Interaction between regulation and the cost and availability of credit
- Financial sector performance
Papers will be selected for presentation based on reviews by FDIC economists, associate editors of the JFSR, and the organizing committee (Rosalind Bennett, Manju Puri, and Haluk Unal).
Selected papers may be invited for submission to the JFSR for a special conference issue.
Expenses for travel, food, and lodging will be reimbursed for paper presenters. Papers must be received by May 1, 2019. Authors will be notified about the status of their papers in July 2019.
For additional information, contact Rosalind Bennett at (202) 898-7160 or FDICJFSRConference@fdic.gov.
FDIC/JFSR 19th Annual Bank Research Conference