CfP Deadline Date: November 30, 2018
Conference Event: March 21-22, 2019
Event Location: Warsaw, Poland
Keynote Speaker(s): Olivier Coibion (University of Texas an NBER), Jordi Gali (CREI, CEPR and NBER), Ricardo Reis (London School of Economics, CEPR and NBER) are confirmed invited speakers
Organizer(s): CEPR and Narodowy Bank Polski
The conference covers a broad range of themes related to challenges and advancements in understanding the monetary transmission mechanism. It seeks to bring together recent contributions in this area of research, including studies with strong theoretical basis as well as empirical papers.
Specific examples of relevant topics include:
• The role of uncertainty, asymmetries, globalisation, country characteristics, zero lower-bound and housing on the transmission mechanism of monetary policy.
• The effects of unconventional monetary policy.
• New approaches to identification of the monetary transmission mechanism.
• The role of heterogeneity for the transmission of monetary policy.
• Recent inflation dynamics and monetary policy.
• Demographic trends and the monetary transmission mechanism.
• Granular and big data in the analysis of the monetary transmission mechanism.
The deadline for submissions is 5pm GMT on Friday 30 November 2018. For CEPR members and those registered with the CEPR website, please submit your paper via the CEPR online system by visiting https://portal.cepr.org/challenges-understanding-monetary-transmission-mechanism.